12.15.2007

Ever been shopping with a teenage girl?


We have Grandparents in town and they wanted to take the kids Christmas shopping. We went to the Escazu mall. The boys picked out toys from the toy store and then it was Alix's turn. She decided she would like a new pair of jeans.


Anyone who has ever been shopping with a teenage daughter (especially one as picky as mine) can realize what a stressful event this might end up being.


We haven't purchased any clothes here so I don't even know where to look. But we are at the mall, right? There's got to be something! We go to American Eagle and Guess...I went into sticker shock looking at price tags of over $100 a pair. Alix said, "Mom, let's go somewhere else..."


We ended up at the Levi's store. Ok, these are only $50 (Grandma says this is ok, I'm still in sticker shock). She tries on one pair..."Mom, these are too low at the waist. Are there any higher?"


We find another pair...she thinks they might do. But..."Mom, could you go get dad so he can look and tell me if they are too tight?"


She finally found the perfect pair and I was incredibly blessed by this shopping trip with my teenage daughter. Not only was she concerned with her sense of modesty...she still wanted to make sure her dad would be pleased. Double checking her standards against his in recognizing that her senses may have conformed ever so slightly to this culture that we live in.


May she always care what her daddy thinks.

5 comments:

beth said...

Wow, what a delight that girl is!!

Ronette said...

What a great testimony, Molly! Way to go, Alix!

Ronette

Tricia said...

That is such a great story.

I hope I have the same story to share when my dd's are teens.

deleise said...

So sweet! Your kids are gorgeous! Your blog looks really good.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I need to remember that it is a blessing to have such a careful dresser. I sometimes view L1 as "picky". She techinically isn't a teen either. But all the same! Alix is beautiful! And what a blessing.